Mega-Fauna in Pursuit

What Kind of Adventures Await In the Deep Past?
Naked and Confused, But Running Like Heck 

Imagine this guy at 40' in length (Hey, it's sci-fi)
Daryl Streeter has been wandering around the prehistoric forest, looking up to find a smoldering spot where lightning has struck for a fire source.  No luck so far, and then.....

An hour later the back of my neck and the top of my shoulders ached from looking up and felt on the verge of cramping. I actually ran into a tree, staring into the canopy. Dumb.
For all that, no joy on the smoke hunt. I rubbed my neck and shoulders, did toe-touches and rolled my head around while fully bent over. I could still bend forward, legs stiff and damn near touch my knees with my nose. From that position, through my legs, I saw a truly large snake sliding out of an extra deep puddle, a pond basically, its eyes boring into mine from five meters away. Thoughts of smoke blew quickly out of my mind.
Now I am not a ... what? snake-o-phobe? But when I say truly large, I’m talking pre-ice-age large. Clearly evolved to eat large prey. Bigger than me, even. Enough thinking, run! thought I.

The snake sensed my departure and, with astounding whipping motions, water splashing wildly, came blasting out of the water and right at me. Properly motivated, I’m pretty fast on my feet, and you can believe there is nothing more motivating than a Godzilla snake after your bare ass.

The story really picks up from there.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So How Did Daryl Get 110,000 Years into the Past?

Amazing Female #4